Dear Camp Cherith Parents,
The Camp Cherith Board of Directors is hopeful that we’ll be allowed to have camp this summer. Our summer theme, “Fix Your Eyes, 20/20” is appropriate. We need to fix our eyes on Jesus right now, look to Him to stop Covid-19, and pray that our governing authorities allow summer camps to operate this year.
That said, we are closely monitoring guidance for safe camp operations from government and camp associations/accreditation organizations and are preparing for possible changes at camp that may include:
- limiting the number of campers in a cabin group or at camp.
- limiting the number of campers participating in an activity at a given time.
- staggered meal times.
- procedures regarding disinfecting of equipment/communal areas
- health screening procedures for staff and campers
We also understand that some of you are likely feeling uneasy about sending your children to camp this summer. Some may be facing the loss of a job or feel unsure about spending money on summer activities.
If your kids are already registered for camp or do register for camp in the coming weeks, and we are forced to cancel camp due to Covid-19, or if you decide you would rather not send your kids to camp due to Covid-19:
- You will receive a full refund of any camper fees paid.
- If you’d rather keep any camper fees paid in your camp account for use in 2021, you may do so.
- 3. If you’d like to donate any camper fees paid to camp to help camp navigate this unusual season, you may do so. Camp has operating costs whether or not campers are present.
We will wait as long as possible before cancelling any 2020 camp sessions. We will give you at least a one-week notice if we are forced to cancel camp.
I love our camp family. Over the past couple months, our prayer team has been praying for each camper from 2019. My sincerest hope is that we will be able to see all of you this summer. I believe that God will make a way for kids’ lives to be transformed at camps across our nation in 2020. Please keep Cherith in prayer at this time.