North Central Camp Cherith is a non-profit organization. It is interdenominational and receives no funding from other organizations. Camper fees are kept low to reach young people from a wide variety of backgrounds. This creates a need to raise financial support for operations as well as expansion and improvement of programs.
If you would like to speak with someone about donating gifts of stocks, bequests, endowments, memorials or other planned gifts, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Phone-a-thon is held each November before Thanksgiving. All campers and past donors receive a letter asking for financial support for general operations of the camp. Phone calls are made by volunteers to answer any questions, receive feedback about camp, and encourage donations.
Banquet is held in April to raise funds and volunteers for specific needs such as building improvements or purchase of camp vehicles. The intent is to recruit new families to Camp Cherith while also providing a time of fellowship, celebration, and giving for those familiar with Camp.
Goodsearch is a Yahoo powered search engine with a unique social mission. We can earn money for Camp Cherith just by changing the way we search the internet. When you do a search go to www.Goodsearch.com. In the center of the page will be the question: Who do you search for? Type in North Central Camp Cherith and click on the verify button. Above that box type in your search query. NCCC will earn a cent for your query.
Goodsearch also has Goodshop. Multiple shopping opportunities for which a certain percentage goes to the charity of your choice. Some examples are Office Max, Target, Barnes & Noble, and Amazon.
* Food Perspectives is an ongoing effort that not only benefits Camp Cherith but each participant can earn money as well. Here’s how it works. You sign up to be a taste tester and indicate North Central Camp Cherith as your organization. You will be contacted periodically to see if you qualify for a taste test. Testing locations can be found all over the Twin Cities. (You can choose your location and you can choose not to participate in a specific test if it doesn’t fit your schedule.) Your children can also participate and you will sign them up on your account. Remember, this is not only a fundraiser for Camp Cherith, each tester earns money as well. Click here to begin! If you don’t have internet access you can still participate, contact Ann Wellmann at email@example.com or 612-615-5842. We need your help!
Wish List Camp Cherith relies heavily on in-kind donations. The following items are on our current wish list:
• Truck for maintenance (4wd)
• CFL bulbs– 60/100 watt equivalent
• Waterbee Paddle Boat
• AEDs (Automated External Defibrillator)
• Fling Sox (8-10)
• Perennial and annual flowers
• Flower Pots 24″ diameter or larger (not plastic)
• Art canvas (12 x 12 is ideal – no smaller than 7×7)
• Sturdy wagons
• Adirondack Chairs
• Newer TV with AV outputs
• Walkie Talkies
• Box fans
• Batteries–Size AAA, C, and D
• Clear Bins with Latch Lids (all sizes larger than shoe boxes)
• Construction paper
• Roll of poster paper
• Colored Poster board for song cards
• Tempra paint
• bar clamps
Nature Hut items:
• Lots of field nets and water nets to catch fun stuff
• Bull or Milk snake to use for the summer
Free time items/Fun self-directed activities for outside:
• Juggling rings
• Luna stix
• Diabolos, etc
• Kan Jam Game (2)
• Ultimate Frisbee discs
Please contact Ann Wellmann at 612-615-5842 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
All financial and in-kind donors will receive a written receipt for their donation.